Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Weak and Broken

Latest post from TEAM LOGAN...

Okay this morning at 8am Logan going in for his Heart Cath and Biopsy!!! Please say a prayer that all goes well!!! I will keep you posted!! We won't know any results until around 5pm!!! Thank you all!!!

Please pray for Logan today!!!

Please click on the link Prayers for Kjerstin to the right of the post for updates on how she is doing.  Yesterday's post was a harsh reality of the journey they have ahead of them.  Life as they know it has changed.  They as a family are changing.  We all know that change can be so difficult so just prayers for them as they go through the next steps of making Kjerstin better.

I am still reading the book 'I Will Carry You' by Angie Smith.  I love it.  I absolutely love how real and open she is with her relationship with God during the darkest time of her life.  One of the things I have heard lately that is so reassuring is that it is okay to have doubts.  I think a lot of people have a misconception of what it is like to be a Christian.  Christians are not perfect.  They are not all knowing and all believing...all of the time.  We have our moments.  We have our doubts.  We have our fall on the floor fits with God and He is always there.  There is a part of this book that I read yesterday that I wanted to share with you...really made me feel like I understood.  I have so done this myself.  Maybe not in the same situation that Angie did...but you'll see what I mean.

You can do it, God.  If you wanted to you could fix her.  "FIX HER, FIX HER...Oh Lord, fix her."  It was storming out and the windshield wipers cleared just enough rain for me to see the road, I let myself shout until I was weak.  I continued to shake for the rest of the drive, and it was one of the first times I remember really allowing myself to feel the unbelievable agony I was facing.  It was also one of the first times I sensed Him being right there.
All-knowing.
Perfect.
Redeemer.
The one who can.
I embraced something that night that I will never forget, and it has continued to shape my walk with Him.  He isn't threatened by my heartbreak and questioning any more than he is threatened by a rainstorm.  He knows that rain will fall.  He knows that I will fall. 
And so on the way home, I gave my deepest hurt to the Father who wanted nothing less than every bit of it.  What I needed to learn about myself was clear in that moment.  I did believe in Him enough to call out.  I trusted Him to share the brokeness, even though he already knew it all. (Angie Smith, I Will Carry You)

We all have those moments of doubt and weakness.  But as Angie said...if we believe enough to go to Him...we still believe.  He wants us to share our moments of brokeness.  He wants those times to be with us as we wipe our tears and fight to understand the path that we are on.  He is there with us the whole way.  God never promised us that bad things wouldn't happen.  But He did promise to always be there...to never forsake us.

I think the more people realize that it is okay to have moments of imperfections and weaknesses as a Christian, the better off we'll all be.  We learn so much in those moments.  God needs us to have them to become stronger in Him.

Okay all...off to clean today.  Ugh.  Have a blessed Wednesday!
Amy

No comments: