Thursday, July 15, 2010

Change of Plans

Expectations.

Should we have them?

Should we not?

If we didn't, would we be less disappointed in things when they don't turn out the way we think they will?

Sometimes in life, we expect that things will always just 'be'.  Be good...be the same...be normal.  When out of nowhere...things change.  Unexpectedly.  Without warning.  And we are disappointed.  Even though maybe...just maybe...the change is for the better.  We react poorly to change...I know I do.  And when we have those moments, we act as if we have no faith.  That just because things aren't going as WE planned...we think they are wrong. 

My favorite verse...all time favorite is Jeremiah 29:11.

"For I know the plans I have for you", declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future."

Know why?

Because the Lord...MY God...is saying to me...
I have a plan for you Amy.  Plans for you to succeed in life...plans for you to have hope and a future.  They may not always be the plans you set for yourself, but child...I have plans for you.  Trust me.  When you can't see where you are going...trust my plan for you.  When things change unexpectedly...trust my plan for you.  When normal is not normal anymore...trust my plan for you.  Because I have a plan for your life. 
Thank you Lord for reminding me tonight that no matter what changes come forth in my life and in the life of my family...that you are behind the plan.  And trusting in you renews my faith.  Trusting in your very words Lord...gives me the strength to face the new day...no matter what challenges lie ahead. 

Have a wonderful night!
Amy

No comments: