Monday, February 14, 2011

My Funny Valentine

If at first you don't succeed...try, try again!



My loyal blog readers...you know...I am not a cake maker.




I don't know how many times I have to post that statement. I guess until I stop attempting to make cakes.




I don't even know why I do this to myself other than I feel like the boxed cake mix has defeated me. Actually, it is more the icing that defeats me.




I am not creative in the slightest. I am just not. I have great ideas in my head and then I try to put them on "canvas" and it turns out looking like something my child created.




However...today is a very special day for Middle. He is turning 9. And I decided I would show him how much I love him by making him a very special birthday cake.




Who am I kidding? I am trying to defeat the stupid cake. And Middle is the one child that won't care what the cake looks like. He'll tell me it is awesome no matter what. And that is a good thing.




Middle...he is a wonderful kid. He is my own funny Valentine. We have the words Live, Laugh, Love on the wall over their baby pictures. Middle's word is laugh. He does make us laugh daily. He is the one that pushes my button. The "big red one" that my friend told me about. He can bring out the best and the worst in me. He has the biggest heart in this entire house. He has a very giving spirit and would do anything for anyone...except Big. Big has tormented Little since he was born. Seriously. And Middle torments Little the same way. People say that is what brothers do. So we go with it. But none the less...he is very special to Coach and I.




God blessed me with the sweetest 6lb. 6oz. little boy 9 years ago. He was born at 1:19pm and he came into this world the exact way that he acts. Like a mad man. He was the best Valentine's Day present we could have asked for. I have received beautiful flowers...balloons and candy. All very fun to get...all very fun to show friends...but nothing like my Middle. He is a blessing. He is half me and half Coach for sure. There are moments when he couldn't be anything but my child...and then he'll say something like his Dad.


Cake making is not my talent. When I get to Heaven...I have a feeling God will not direct me to the nearest kitchen to show off my skills. But...I love my son. I love this child that God gave us...and today is his special day.




Happy Birthday Middle! We love you so much! You are one special kid and God knew exactly what He was doing when He gave us you.




Have a wonderful Valentine's Day all!


Referee of 3

3 comments:

Marissa said...

I think it looks great and he will LOVE it! Good job, Momma! (And you totally made me cry)

Coach's Wife said...

Thank you friend. I cried too. Love ya! And loved your blog today! :D

Michael, Amy, Collin & Lauren Staggs said...

I think your cake looks good! Better than what I could do! But you forgot the "S"!! EMAW!!!