Thursday, February 10, 2011

Grateful

Frustrated is not even the word.  I am more than frustrated.  My computer has a virus...and I cannot fix it.  I am not a computer mastermind.  To be honest, I am doing good to get the dang thing turned on some days.  But...I have been able to successfully remove a virus before using our spy ware.

Not so much this time.

And I am beyond frustrated.

I read my friend Melissa's blog yesterday morning and was so inspired to write.  Then I read my friend Sarah's blog (I say friend like we're great friends...but I mean, her husband was my son's teacher last year and I respect the heck out of her for all that she's been through...and for her super faith in the Big Guy) and was even more inspired.

I came out to get my computer so I could blog...and I was greeted by about 8 pop ups about a virus.  I wanted to scream.  Wait...I did scream.  And yell.  And blamed my oldest son.  And yelled some more.  Then I sat on my bed for almost 2 hours watching the scan from our spy ware program finish and tell me that there were NO THREATS FOUND.

Beyond frustrated.

So I prayed.  I prayed that God would take the worry out of my head.  Because I immediately became worried about my programs...my documents...my pictures...and the amount of money it would cost to fix my only link to the outside world during nap time.

And you'll never guess what I pictured in my head...

The picture of a child from Uganda that I had come across while reading Melissa's blog yesterday.  Sitting on the floor of what I assumed to be the orphanage in which they live.  In dirty clothes.  Eating only one meal a day.  And a vast improvement from what they were exposed to just three years earlier.   All I could think about was that child.  I don't know if it is a boy or a girl.  I just know that sitting there on the floor in dirty clothing...probably having a better attitude about life than I did at the moment.  And we have so much!  Because we had a laptop that wasn't working, I let it affect my whole afternoon.  An afternoon when I should have been present with my family...my husband...and my God.

So...I prayed for that child.  And I prayed for Sarah and Nic.  And I prayed that God would give me the understanding to know the difference between real problems...and the small stuff.  The computer can be fixed.  

I would encourage you to scroll down to my blog list and read Sarah's Blog and Melissa's Blog from yesterday.  It just might give you some perspective on your life as it did my own.

Have a Blessed Day!
Referee of 3

No comments: