Friday, February 11, 2011

Where is my purse?

I would like to blame my short term memory loss on having children.  It seems like...(if I can remember correctly) that I started to forget things shortly after Big was born.  I had a terrible habit of losing things.  Mainly my purse...sometimes my keys...NEVER my child (thankfully).  Coach and I would go just about anywhere and about 10 minutes away from wherever we had just left, I would say..."where is my ______?"(insert purse/keys/wallet) And my sweet, loving husband was always so patient.  (That is my own memory that I have substituted for the real ones when he would get extremely tired of turning around to go back to where we came from to help me find my missing link.)

But...the truth is...I think I have always been rather forgetful.  I have never been one that has it all together before I leave the house for anything.  I usually make about 3 to 4 trips back into the house for my cell phone, my purse, and these days...possibly a child. Little likes to test me...so I like to pretend to leave him here.  It is actually remembering I am kidding that gets me every time. 

My devotional today was about what we leave behind.  And I thought...Perfect!  I am always leaving something behind.  I'll be so good at this!  But it turns out, they meant what kind of impression are you leaving behind.  Did you help someone?  Did you make a person happy?  Did they laugh because of you?  Did they forget their problems even for a second because you were there?  Did you make an effort to fix something that was broken?  Did you pass the peace of understanding?  Did you forgive someone?  Did you share the love of Jesus? 

Or did you leave someone with a bad taste in their mouth...from your behavior...your words...your actions...your mood? 

The difference here is that we want to be intentional with what we leave behind for others to see.  I have started carrying a big purse....HUGE.  I am less likely to leave it behind because I trip over it getting up from my seat.  I love my big purse!  What I want to leave behind is the reflection of God.  And I don't ever want to forget that His reflection in me...might change someone's life.

So...what will you be leaving behind?

Have a blessed day all!
Referee of 3

It's FRIDAY!!! WAHOO!!!

No comments: