One of the things I promised myself when I started blogging for 2011 is that I wouldn't feel guilty when I didn't get to it. I can't say that I am fulfilling that promise very well...but I didn't force myself to write anything for the past couple of days. We had 2 snow days here in Mulvane, and I enjoyed every minute of them with our family.
Okay...that is a complete lie.
I did enjoy the couple of days...but there were moments when I would close my eyes and imagine the boys to be smiling and getting along just fine. There are also moments when I realize that one snow day is a blessing and two is a bit too much. In my best western voice..."This house ain't big enough for the 5 of us."
So today...we'll be back to school...Coach...Big...Middle...and even Little with preschool. And I can have my house back. :D
Actually, Coach and I got a lot done yesterday and I really appreciated his help. The boys played outside for about 7.2 minutes before they decided that I was right and they were not. It is absolutely freezing right now and NO ONE should WANT to be out in it. Yet, my 11, 8 and 4 year old couldn't wait to get themselves out in the below freezing windchill to throw a snowball.
As I have mentioned before, I am still reading my Girfriends devotional and I am loving every minute of it. It has told me not to whine and given me permission to be confused. It really is true about the whining. I am learning to look at my problems in comparison with the world. When I take my sore muscles...or my scratchy throat and put it up against world hunger and the war in Egypt...my problems pale in comparison. And it makes me remember that even though I might be having one of those days when things aren't quite right for me...they could always be worse. I realize in a short amount of time that my problems aren't problems at all. And as far as permission to be confused...when we are confused...we are saying to God that we don't have it all together. That we need his presence in our lives. And when we think we have it all together...and then crumble...that God knows we need His strength in that moment. Being confused in our marriages...our jobs...our relationships...doesn't mean we need a new one...it just means that we need Him to intervene to help us strengthen the ones that we have.
Dear brothers and sisters, when troubles come your way, consider it an opportunity for great joy. For you now that when your faith is tested, your endurance has a chance to grow. So let it grow, for when your endurance is fully developed, you will be perfect and complete, needing nothing. (James 1: 2-4)
Have a blessed day all!
Referee of 3
2 comments:
Excellent post, Amy!! Thanks!! :)
Love the Bible verse at the end. I think I'll have to steal it for my facebook status!
Post a Comment