I say file cabinet because I TRY really hard to be organized. I really do have my life organized in ways that most likely only I can understand. But it is organized none the less. And then...the winds of life come and blow my file cabinet over. Files are everywhere, with no organization what so ever. I am most generally looking for a very specific file of which I have color coded and put in a section called..."place I am sure to remember". Even though I cannot recall the color of the file or the place in which I put it.
This is my life to date.
This week alone, we have first football practices, finals for me, school supply organization, meet the teacher, birthday parties, football meetings and equipment checkout for the high school team, and a Kyrie Foundation meeting. Even if I tried to remember all of the things I am supposed to be remembering...I fall short. I make lists...and then forget where I put them. I gather important paperwork and put it where I am sure to NEVER forget. And then immediately forget its' location. This is unfortunate...and is what ultimately inspires me to comfort myself in a bag of Twizzlers and the occasional spoonful of cookie dough. On my way home from class last night, I was mentally making a list of things to do, eating Twizzlers, listening to the best of the 90's, and wondering how Middle's meet the teacher night went. I say I am not a multi-tasker, but I totally am. ;)
The words I could use to describe the feelings were frustrated, sad (that I missed meet the teacher), overwhelmed, and confused. And then I realize how fortunate I am to have a husband that fills in, a friend that is always there to help me get Middle from here to there, a sister who is willing to take Little whenever we can't be around, and that all of us are healthy. Health is something we take for granted too often. I complain because my hair won 't do what I want. I get frustrated because my clothes don't fit...(self inflicted...I get it). I get overwhelmed when I can't find the right file in the mess in my head and forget things. I say things like..."we are just too busy"...or "how is one person expected to do all of this?" We are busy, and I am not expected to do all of this on my own. I have the above mentioned people to help me whenever they can...and it always gets done. My mother is always a phone call away. I take that for granted. When I need to vent...to be sad...to be happy...she is right there for me. I love that about us. And she is always willing to organize my file cabinet. ;) My mother in law told me the other day that in her bible study, she read that we are equipped only to handle what we have in our lives and we shouldn't want for more. We shouldn't want for those things because we aren't equipped to handle them. But we ARE equipped to handle what is happening in our lives.
So...two things I know for certain...
1. Twizzlers make me happy.
2. I am equipped to handle life as I know it. I am equipped to handle everything on my plate. I am equipped to get all done not by myself, but with the help of others...and I will.
The 5th Annual Kyrie Foundation Twilight Walk is coming up in a little over a month. I would love for my friends to be a part of this with me. It is a cause I am passionate about and I promise you it will be a night you'll never forget. We invite families and have activities for all ages. If you are interested, you can contact me on facebook or via email @ amynelsonmom.nelson@gmail.com. You can also register for the walk at http://kyriefoundation.dojiggy.com/
Also, we have a new prayer request. An "old" friend of mine from school has a niece who needs to be lifted up. Her name is Bella and she has a brain tumor. She has been accepted to the Dana-Farber Children's Hospital Cancer Center in Boston and will start testing on Wednesday and Thursday. This is very recent and I am asking for lots of prayers for this family, for Bella and for her doctors. Bella is 18 months old and her parents names are Josh and Jennifer Bush. Thank you!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment