Friday, August 24, 2012
Are You Ready For Some FOOTBALL?
Tonight is the Green & White Scrimmage here in the big town of Mulvane. We have a new football field and the boys are just itching to play on it. My sister took this picture and I think it is just so cool!
To many, this will seem insignificant. But to some of the people in our small town...this is BIG.
Middle came in last night and said..."we are going to be the first kids to play on the turf! How cool is that?"
Pretty cool Middle...pretty cool.
As most of you know, I am not a sports fan. I get that the ball has to get in the end zone to score a touchdown. I get that in order to win, we need to have more touchdowns than the other team. I get that defense is as important as offense and that it takes the whole team to win. I seem to be able to follow the game better when the quarterback throws the ball because I can see that happening. When they run a "trick" play...I am hopeless. I have no idea where the ball is...and usually miss the play completely.
Coach has tried...AND tried to explain this madness to me. He has drawn the plays for me on a whiteboard. He has moved the x's and drawn arrows like they used to do on TV...and still...nothing.
But to my kids...this is a BIG deal. They love football. (They love sports in general) They are excited to get their feet on the new field and play for the first time all year. I can't wait to watch them.
What I love the most about tonight is how our community comes together. There is something about a hometown football game that brings everyone to the same place. After a long week, we are looking forward to seeing friends and watching the boys play and the girls cheer. Yep...I said it. I will be watching the cheerleaders when I can't find the ball. (I am easily distracted and I used to be one)
So...happy Friday all! Have a wonderful weekend!
Referee of 3
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment