Monday, March 5, 2012

The terrible, horrible, no good, very bad day

Today has been a day.  No doubt.  Not because of anything specific that anyone did.  But because I was an overly sensitive, over reactor.  In every sense of the term.  In just about every situation, I was given the opportunity to handle my day with grace.  And I fumbled the ball every time.  Yes...this is me using a sports analogy.

We all have days like this.  You know it and I know it.  Unless this is part of my bad day where I wrongly accuse you all of being human.  And then...I will know...it is just me. 

I know that so many factors play into my mood...my actions...and my thoughts.  But there should always be ONE thing...that overshadows those moments. 

God.

I feel a little bad that I left God out of the equation today.   I was not patient or kind.  I was quick to anger and slow to forgive. 

But I also know that his mercies are new each day.  Or should I say I was reminded by a friend.  Because in my overly sensitive, over reactive state, I probably should give credit where credit is due or I might not have any friends left. 

I was reminded that his mercies are new each day.  I wonder what the disciples would have thought if Jesus snapped at them.  Or snarled through his teeth when they did something wrong?  I wonder what might have happened if someone had not done a nice job setting the table for the last supper...or if Jesus had blamed them all for his death.  If he had turned around in his darkest hour and said...

THIS IS ALL YOUR FAULT! 

Or if...in these moments...or days rather, when I fail to reflect His love...patience...kindness...goodness...and forgiveness...
if he turned to me and said...

Way to go Amy.  You really messed up today.  You blew it.  You should go to bed and throw the covers over your head and think twice before getting out of bed tomorrow.

That isn't how He loves.  That isn't what He stands for.  That isn't what He died for. 

He loves me anyway.  Good days and bad.  Which means...life will go on after days of overly sensitive over reacting.  Thank goodness. 

He says...It's okay Amy.  You had a rough day...but, I love you more than you'll ever understand.  And I know that my presence in your heart will give you the strength to face tomorrow and the hope that it will be a better day.  No matter what you face.  Handle it with grace.  Don't fumble and know that I am with you.  Remember patience, kindness, goodness and love.  Always forgive and love as I love you.

Just kidding on the sports analogy.  I don't know if God would use that.  Well...maybe He would...but probably not with me.  He knows I don't get it so much.  ;)

Have a blessed day!
Referee of 3

No comments: