SATISFACTION
I can't get no
SATISFACTION
Do you ever have days like this? Where you feel like no matter what you do...you aren't quite satisfied with what you've done...who you are...or how far you've come?
I wish I could...
If only I was able to...
I wish I had...
Because if those things were true...I'd be on the path I set forth for myself in Sr. English when Mrs. Carson had me write a letter to myself in ten years.
Dear Amy,
I hope you are enjoying your life as a professional singer and icon. Your daughters are absolutely adorable and your stay at home husband takes such good care of them. Congratulations on running your 12th marathon. You are such an inspiration! It is such a great thing that you went to college and finished in three years. Too bad you don't need that teaching degree when you are singing your heart out on stage! Your body is in great shape and your house is immaculate. It helps that you have a maid, chef, and personal trainer, but whatever. You are a rockstar. You have more money than you know what to do with and I love that you've never had to settle for a minivan. Have a great day you super, fabulous woman that you are.
Love,
18 year old me
Why am I not a famous singer?
How is it that in my family picture I have three boys instead of two girls as I had planned?
Why can't I run marathons?
Why didn't I finish school and graduate when I should have?
Why didn't I rub more of that stupid almond butter on my stomach when I was pregnant with Big?
When will I have a more organized, less cluttered house?
How can I be more motivated to exercise? Surely I can fit a 30 minute workout into a 12 hour day at some point...right?
And if not...how can I make a 15 hour day into a 20 hour day and still have time to sleep?
Where is the nest egg I planned for this family?
I can't get no...
SATISFACTION.
Why is that?
Well...because I am focusing on the plan I set for myself rather than going with the plan He has for me.
Do I think God wants me to be exhausted, out of shape, and in college at the age of 34? No. For God, I would imagine that it isn't about what or who I am, but rather, how I got here. What I fail to realize is that all of this is done in the exact order He set forth.
I have to find a way to be satisfied with exactly what I am and what I have. And, instead of setting unreachable goals for myself...such as a six pack and a marathon medal...I need to be realistic with the life I've been given.
The fact that I am a wife, mom, and school health room aid/student is and should be good enough.
The fact that I am given 12 hours (plus some because let's be realistic...who gets 12 hours of sleep?)
should be enough.
I need to be grateful for the time I am given each day and make the most of it. And at the end of the day I need to be able to say...it is good.
Good enough.
A good life.
A good day.
It is good.
Thank you Lord...for the blessings you have given me. Thank you for my wonderful husband, my boys, my health, my family, my friends...my life. It is so very good.
Here's to a great weekend of getting as much done as I can...putting forth as much effort as I can...and making the most of the life He has planned for me. I hope you can do the same!
Have a blessed day!
Referee of 3
1 comment:
Well said my sista! :) He would be disappointed in us for not finding our satisfaction in the plans He laid out for us! Love you!
Post a Comment