Hi all. I realize the blog posts have become few and far between. Not because I don't love writing. Not because I can't think of things to say. Simply because time does not allow for blog posting. Let me rephrase that. I am not allowing myself enough time in the day to blog. I miss it. I miss knowing that my morning blog post was the only real thing I had to get done beyond feeding my children and making it a scheduled practice on time.
Self inflicted joyful, crazy, chaos. That is what I call the life of a Nelson. My poor children. Well, really, they are fine. I say poor, but what I really mean is blessed. They have their health, their friends, their activities, a personal chef, a laundry do-er (this is Coach...don't let me fool you), a tutor, a taxi cab driver (I say taxi instead of limo because let's face it...the minivan isn't luxury), and they have me for a Mom. I mean...seriously...who doesn't think that is great? My three kids...that's who.
Little informed me that I need to go to church more because I say the bad word for crumby and the "d" word too much.
Yes Little...you are probably correct in your thinking. Da...rn it. He is so right.
Middle informed me that I was unfair and not nice. Okay...again, he might be right. I've been under crazy deadlines lately and life has been a little difficult. But Da...rn it, he hasn't exactly been a peach. 10 year olds can be quite mouthy.
Big informed me that the sprinkler was not actually a "real" dance move and that I could no longer try to be cool in front of his friends. Excuse me, but I believe I am the image of cool. Unless of course you don't think my minivan and denim jacket are components of cool. And the sprinkler will always be a "real" dance move. I do it at every wedding I attend.
Big's friend informed me that it is okay that I am not a good cook. They get good food when they go to his house. (insert fake smile here)
Whose expectations am I living up to anyway...theirs? Mine? Anyone's?
Does it matter?
Life is about getting by. Unless of course you want to enjoy life. Then it is about making the most and the best of every situation you are in. School...work...church...family time...baseball time...the quietness of early morning. It is up to you how things are going to play out in your day. Bad things happen, and overwhelming situations occur. But we are well equipped to handle those things with God in our lives.
I wonder if God likes my sprinkler? Surely He does. I've been doing it for like...20 years now. It is near perfection.
Have a blessed day!
Referee of 3
No comments:
Post a Comment