Saturday, December 31, 2011

2011

This just in...

2011 is almost over.

WHAT?

Where did the time go?

I can't believe this. 

I am not a very patient person.  All of these years, I thought I had the patience of Job.  As it turns out, I could use more patience.  So...in the event of the new year, I'd like to say I'll try to be more patient.  I will also try not to use the words Damn it when trying to make someone understand that I mean business.  Yes...I cussed...on my blog.  I apologize to anyone who might be offended, but it is the truth.

Okay...this would be much better in list form.

In 2012, I will try to...

  • Be more patient.
  • Not say Damn it...instead say...I REALLY mean it.
  • Worry less
  • Remember more
  • Take care of my hands
  • Cook like the Pioneer Woman...or at least purchase her cookbook
  • Be a better and more attentive wife
  • Make lists (in an attempt to remember more)
  • Let go of things in life that upset me (in an attempt to worry less)
  • Be smarter with our money
  • Be courageous enough to be honest
  • Exercise...in an attempt to eat less cookie dough
  • Make my loved ones feel as important as they are to me
  • Clean one room each day
  • Give more
  • Stress less
  • Finish what I start...in an attempt to give more and stress less
My list could go on and on. 

This year has brought me great changes and even greater rewards.  My friends and family have taught me so much about who I am and what I could be.  I am so grateful for all of the great moments of 2011 and even more grateful for the bitter moments.  For it is in those very moments, that we learn to shine.  And I LOVE to shine.  I love sparkly things...which is why I struggle to understand why I have three boys. 

So here's to 2012! 
May it bring to you everything you want and more.

Referee of 3

1 comment:

JoAnne said...

YOU STOLE MY LIST! Ok. all but the cookie dough part.