This year, I have given myself many different tasks...to finish. And if I had to sum up my new year's resolutions into one...it would be to finish my tasks.
I realize it is day four people...but I have a lot to fix this year.
I am not unhappy with my life in the slightest. (that is a lie)
I am very happy with the way things are going and wouldn't change a thing. (that is also a lie)
However, in the event that I would change something...I was wondering how I would measure my success.
I can measure a few resolutions in inches and pounds lost. (I hope)
I can measure another resolution in dollars saved.
I can measure one resolution in how infrequently I burn dinner and feed my family a "good" meal.
I can measure another resolution by how many books I finish reading.
I can measure one by pennies in my not saying damn it jar. (lovely)
You see?
How do you measure success? And how do you avoid failure? Sure, sure...things are good right now. I am cooking dinner and have read Ree Drummond's book. I am drinking lots of water and even forced myself out of bed this morning to...dare I say it...run. I am re-vamping our budget and doing a load of laundry every day.
But...
Life happens. We all know it. I feel like I am waiting for the ball to drop. Or is it shoe? Whatever...I am waiting to fail.
As I sat here today sipping on my baby diet Pepsi can...I decided I needed to add one more thing to my list.
I need to change my attitude about all of these changes.
Today's verse on www.biblegateway.com was from Micah.
“He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the LORD require of you? To act justly and to love mercy and to walk humbly with your God.” Micah 6:8 NIV
What is ironic about this verse is that the new song from Casting Crowns called courageous has this little bit of the verse in the end of the song.
Seek justice
Love mercy
Walk humbly with your God
I LOVE it.
Yes! I get it. I need to be courageous enough to succeed. I think failing is easy. At least it has always seemed that way.
So this year...I will be courageous enough to succeed at these things I want to change about myself.
Am I going to get up and run every day? WHO do you think I am?
Am I going to give up pop completely? Probably not.
Am I going to become this super organized Mom with a clean car and scheduled dinners? Nope.
Am I going to be able to cook home cooked meals without burning something? Fingers crossed.
But I know no matter what...I will be loved by God. Successes or failures...He loves me still. Thank GOODNESS. Now if only I could convince my children to love me when the smoke alarm is sounding as a dinner bell. :)
Blessings!
Referee of 3
1 comment:
Amen to this! I didn't know that the meal thing plagued you too... I am trying to keep balance and perspective for 2012 too! Good Luck!
Post a Comment