It's OK, December 2011
- It's OK to cry when your kids realize things aren't always what they seem at Christmas time. Children grow...and the important thing to understand is that the true meaning of Christmas can never be "spoiled". It is also OK to love your elf. I do! :)
- It's OK to admit at the age of 34 that you don't have life completely together. I know I have admitted this to you all several times...but just here recently, I admitted it to myself.
- It's OK to wear black and brown together. I don't get it. It looks super cute. So why after all of these years, have we avoided this trend and judged people for combining the two? Black and Brown are so good together!
- It's OK to do something for someone else...for NO reason at all. You do it because you can. You do it because perhaps you've been without before. You do it to alleviate stress. You do it because it fills a void. Maybe it is in your heart. Maybe it is in the hearts of others. But...know that you know that you know...that it is okay.
- It's OK to send your Christmas cards closer to Christmas. Or even make them New Year's cards. People will understand.
- It's OK to wrap all your presents in the same paper. It is also okay to change it up. And for my dear, sweet sister...it's okay to wrap your presents entirely in bags with tissue paper. Again...people will understand.
- It's OK to let things go...finally. You handle your stress in the best way that you know how...and you let it go. Thank goodness for letting things go. Sometimes letting God have your stress is the best gift you could give yourself.
- It's OK to be grateful.
- It's OK to snack all day long.
- It's OK to say that you have some of the kindest, most generous, and most caring people in your lives and that you are blessed by that. I am amazed at the goodness of others. Simply amazed.
- And finally, it's OK to make your own it's OK list whenever you want. Make your own sometime. You'll be amazed at how okay you feel when you are finished.
2 comments:
I love this. I might just have to post one of my own... to make feel, well, okay :)
So glad "bag wrapping" is ok! :) I would never make it through Christmas without them!
And I love my elf too! The kids have had so much fun hunting for him every morning and hubby and I have had so much fun coming up with ideas on where to put him!
Post a Comment