The first thing I think about when I see the words 'Follow Me' is Instagram.
I love Instagram. It's true that a picture says a thousand words. It is also true that photography is a great way of keeping the memory alive. I tend to forget things. Looking back through pictures on my Instagram, I remember the moment...the feelings...and so much more.
The second thing I think about when I see the words 'Follow Me' is Twitter.
I have a Twitter account, but I am not a fan. Perhaps it is because the concept of Twitter is to Tweet something quick. They don't give me nearly enough words to express myself. It is supposed to be short and sweet. I can't make that happen when I start typing. I'm sure Facebook would prefer for me to not write a book on each post, but they still allow it.
Today in church, PR said something that really hit home for me.
"You can't follow Jesus if you are in front of Him."
It was one of those stinging moments when you realize...that is EXACTLY what you've been doing. I'm not much of a control freak. There are situations I try to control...but, it rarely works out.
I've had a lot on my plate lately. (who doesn't?) I'm overwhelmed, over worked, and under paid.
I know exactly what to do to help this problem, but I can't quite seem to figure it out.
Today...as the words rang through my ears...I realized how I was trying to take the lead. I know better than this. I have been through this many times and always...always...ALWAYS...Jesus finds a way to bring me back.
Jesus has been asking me...to Follow Him.
It's true. You can't follow Jesus if you are trying to manipulate His plan to meet your needs. I know this because I've been there. Being there causes stress. Being there creates problems that wouldn't exist if you allowed the right person to do the navigating. Being there makes you worry about things that haven't even happened yet.
It's time (once again) to get behind the leader. Are in line behind Jesus?
In the wise words of Carrie Underwood...I'm giving the wheel back to Jesus.
Have a blessed day!
Referee of 3
No comments:
Post a Comment