Friday, September 9, 2011

Seeing God

Have you ever had one of those days when things just didn't quite go right?

I have them every once in awhile and yesterday was most definitely one of them. 

As I walked to the kitchen to get my coffee, I reached for the coffee pot, only to realize that I hadn't gotten it pushed in all the way the night before when I was making my coffee.  Which means only one thing.  A Huge Mess. After cleaning up the coffee mess and restarting another pot, I decided my day was not good so far.  From there it got worse.  I won't bore you with the details because they were self inflicted issues I was dealing with.  I was super sensitive and the only one who could have made my day better was myself.  I allowed the bad things to dictate how the rest of my day would go...and it did.

Until I saw God. 

Maybe you've heard the song?  It is called, I Saw God Today.  I have no idea who sings it, but I'll be finding it for my playlist this week. 

As most of you know, the Kyrie Foundation Twilight Walk is coming up next weekend.  We've been working our tails off trying to get out ducks in a row.  It takes a lot of time, commitment and preparation to put something like this together.  And let me tell you, if you are on the fence about attending, it is so worth it.  You won't regret it. 
Anyway, I put together a packet for fundraising and awareness at my work.  I laid it in the teacher's lounge the other day and that was that.  In the middle of my horrible, terrible, no good, very bad, day...(a book from my childhood), a woman that I worked with, peeked her head around the corner of my office and told me something.

She said that she had debated whether or not to bring her purse in from the car that morning.  She didn't really need it, but thought she might.  She toyed with the idea of not dragging it in, but decided she would.  And she couldn't figure out why bringing in her purse was such an ordeal.  Until she read the information on the Kyrie Foundation.  She then told me that she knew...THAT was why she was to bring her purse in today. 

After she left my office...(this will shock you)...I cried.  I was so happy to hear that God had touched someone's life for that purpose.  For whatever reason, she needed to hear about Kyrie, and I needed to see God's reflection in someone.  I was having a hard time seeing it in myself yesterday.

It was then, after I had seen God's work unfold before my eyes, that I prayed and asked for His help in my day.  And you know what?  He did help me.  He always does.

So, it is FRIDAY!!!  It is FOOTBALL!!!  And it is one week until the Kyrie Foundation Twilight Walk.  If you haven't registered, please do and let me know if you have any questions. (http://kyriefoundation.dojiggy.com/)  I would love to see you all there!  Have a blessed day all!

Referee of 3

No comments: