If you had asked me on Monday, if I was going to make it through the week...I would have laughed in your face. But here we are. Sitting quietly on the couch, drinking hot coffee...and it is a new week. THANK YOU LORD.
Sometimes life gets so crazy. I wrote about this very thing last week. And in the midst of our craziness, we are to go to the Lord and allow him to help us move through the madness with a Godly heart. I would love to say that I did that with every step this week...but then I would be lying. Apparently God isn't a fan of liars so I am going to have to fess up.
About 4:30pm on Friday, I had a bit of meltdown madness. The week got crazier than I imagined it could, and I had a bit of a "falling short" moment. Thank goodness my friend Tracey and my Mom were there to grab me by the arm and pull me to my feet. As it turned out, the weekend went great! I was ready to throw in the towel due to a series of events that led me to believe that my weekend was going to be a failure. Okay, I've always had a flair for the dramatic, so allow me to say that these events led me to believe that life was coming to a halt. Picture me...crying on my bed with a pretty cry face...not an ugly one...and my Mom on the other end of the phone calming me. It happened. But as God always does...he sent just the right people in to bring me back to reality, and the weekend was a success. We had football, football, and football...cleaned the house, finished my first session of college classes, hosted a birthday party and did laundry. And the house is still clean. Everyone had a good time, including Big. How did it happen, you ask? I have no clue.
Along the way through the details of this week, I felt like that Mayhem guy from the All State commercials was trying to wreck my plans. But in keeping along the path and only allowing myself to have a moment of meltdown madness...we as a family were able to recover and enjoy the weekend.
I am so thankful for those moments. The moments when we fall short and have to face our short comings head on. I am so thankful for the moments when other's strength comes riding in on a white horse at just the right time. I am so thankful for those who encourage and help us face the reality of a situation. Good or bad.
I guess today, I am just thankful. I am thankful for my meltdown that eventually led to the realization that again...God is Good.
Have a blessed day!
Referee of 3
Oh and...Happy 13th Anniversary tomorrow to my wonderful husband. I love you!!! We'll go out after football season...right?
This is the "us" that my sister made look good.
This is the real "us" after a long day of football and birthday.
Love you babe. So glad you are mine. <3
No comments:
Post a Comment