Monday, September 26, 2011

It's a New Day

His mercies are new each day.

I have to get up sometimes and remind myself of this very thing.  Today is our (Coach and I's) 13th wedding anniversary.  I decided to kick the day off with yelling at him before bed because he shrunk one of my new sweaters for work.

I know what you are thinking...

Coach does laundry?

And the answer is, yes...quite well.  With the small exception of the once in awhile shrinking something of mine.  Dang it. 

He worked all day yesterday doing laundry and at the end of the day, all I could say was something along the lines of...

"DID YOU DRY MY SWEATER?  MY BRAND NEW GREY SWEATER!?!"

Okay...let me explain something on my behalf.  I have had three children.  It is a miracle to find things that fit me and cover all of my imperfections.  I have long legs, but am not tall.  So I cannot afford for anything to become too short.  I have...lets just say for a moment that I don't have the waistline that I used to.  Okay?  So again, I cannot afford for any inches to come out of the waistline of my clothing.  I am also quite sure that all of the baby weight that looked so adorable in my front when the boys were in the womb, has now shifted to what I like to refer to as the back of my body.   So...I tend to buy things that cover the back side of my body.  Like this grey sweater. 

All of this came after I had been walking around Walmart for an hour while their automotive department worked on getting the nail out of my tire.  Oh and I had Little.  So you can imagine how patient my Little was while I worked on spending close to $100.00 on things I am not completely sure we "needed".  After we hunted down someone to find the keys to my van as the automotive department had closed, we headed homeward.  Yes...they actually CLOSED automotive and went home.  Leaving me to believe for a second that I would be living in Walmart until this new day arrived.  Good grief.

Anyway...my patience were thin and my husband only received a tongue lashing for shrinking my sweater, when I actually should have been thanking him for all the work he did over the weekend to help me. 

Foiled again on my path to righteousness. 

Sorry Coach for getting angry about the sweater.  And thank you for all that you do.  I love you and sometimes don't deserve you. 
I am not sorry to Walmart for forgetting to call me over the loud speaker.  I am NOT over that yet.

Thank goodness...His mercies are new each day.

Have a blessed Monday!
Referee of 3

No comments: