Okay friends...I am so excited to share that the idea of the toy drive was well accepted. I sent the invitation to almost all of my facebook friends. As I sit and think...that was a little crazy. Some of my facebook friends don't live anywhere near here...but it was easier to send it to the whole group rather than to think about their location. And the response has been overwhelming. I am extremely happy. I am a little upset with myself for not starting this process sooner...like BEFORE BLACK FRIDAY...but it is His timing...not mine.
I am a true believer of God's timing. No doubt about it. He was present from the beginning of this idea and will be there through the end. In the conversation I had with my friend yesterday, immediately...my heart hurt. It does that when I am sad. And for whatever reason...I act on it. Sometimes it gets me into trouble. Sometimes it gets me over involved in someone else's problems. But sometimes...it really turns out to be a good thing. I feel like God put that little boys story on my heart...because he knew. He knew I wouldn't be able to turn down the opportunity. I also believe that He knows the people in my life. And I have some pretty wonderful people in my life. The amount of people that stepped up to say they would donate or help was incredible.
I realize we have two weeks. I also realize that there are many efforts all over this Country to help those in need. But there are families in need of the magic. The magic of Christmas. The giving...the knowing that the gift comes from a place that you can't even imagine. We are purchasing the gifts. We are gathering the donations. We will deliver the toys and things to whoever needs them. But the gift is from something bigger. The gift comes from God. Because He is the one that puts the desire on our hearts to step up and say...
I'll Help!
I'm In!
What can I do?
The reflection of His love that I saw yesterday in my family, friends and even in strangers...was so incredible.
I have a friend who has been reading my blog since the beginning. She and I have never met. But someone passed on my blog to her and she has been reading ever since. She is an incredible Mother of four boys...and we have a lot in common. One time she wrote me the sweetest note about how my blog touched her. She then referenced her own blog so that I could get to know her a little. Turns out, she has two out of four kids with Ectodermal Dysplasia. Her story is amazing. And how she has embraced the challenges in their lives...she is a blessing in my life.
DeAnn messaged me on facebook that they were coming to Wichita to celebrate her Birthday tonight. And she wanted to drive down to Mulvane to drop of a gift. Can you believe that? Talk about giving. A woman...who doesn't know me from anything other than my writing (and a few videos)...wants to take time out of her Birthday dinner with her family to bring us a gift. It isn't even convenient. It isn't a hop skip and a jump away either. But she offered to give. To give of herself. Because God put it on her heart...and she responded. And guess what folks...she has four boys. Four influencial little boys. They will be a witness to the giving...and will grow up to be givers themselves. I LOVE it! Thank you DeAnn...can't wait to meet you. To read DeAnn's blog, you can click here. Or you can find it my blog list to the left.
I could list the people by name that have offered to help, but the list would be so long...which is incredible. I am not looking to make this a huge ordeal. (Even though huge would be incredible) I told someone yesterday that if we give even ONE child a special Christmas...we have served our purpose. I have a feeling...knowing all the wonderful people that have joined it...that it will be more than one child.
So thank you from the bottom of my heart. And have a blessed day! If you have any questions, please email me at amynelsonmom.nelson@gmail.com
Referee of 3
No comments:
Post a Comment