A friend of mine asked me the other day why I haven't been posting on my blog lately. So I thought to myself...
I should blog.
So here I am. Blogging. I wanted to tell you and show you what I've been doing with my time. It seems like the last time I blogged, I had just graduated college. So...without further adieu...I'd like to present to you...
Why I Haven't Been Blogging Lately...
By: Amy Nelson
I graduated from college. I may have mentioned this already, but I thought maybe you should see the look on my face in this picture. As you can clearly see, my eyes are closed and my mouth is open. I have no idea what I was doing here, but I can only assume that I was saying "Yay!" to the president of the university.
For graduation, I received a camera as a gift from my parents and my in-laws. I cried when I opened it because, well...what else would you do when you get a camera? I want you to know that Little informed a classmate of his that carrots with ranch would "change their life" if they just tried it. I'm not a huge fan of carrots, but this smart camera changed this dumb photographer's life. Hence the tears. And Hence the string of pictures you are about to see.
This is our dog Baily. She is little and gets through our fence. I used her as my first picture model. She hates me. And photographing her was a big mistake. I should have picked a non-moving target.
This picture made me feel like the Pioneer Woman when she takes super cute upside down pictures of her dog. Even though my dog didn't cooperate and it is out of focus.
This is an action shot. No...really...she just moved. But calling it an action shot makes me feel better. Because I'm a photographer now.
I decided at this point, I was not cut out for pet photography. Isn't she precious? I started taking pictures of my neighbor's house...and flowers...and plants. As it turns out, none of those things move so there is no need for action shots and "cyclopes" like shots.
Once I figured out some of the benefits of my new "smart" camera...I moved on by taking pics of my kids at their games.
This one is of my Middle...crossing home plate. I cut off his head. I'm that good.
This one is just near perfect of Little. I like the tire rim in the background. You just really have to know your shot...you know?
I thought I'd try my hand at pet photography one more time...and as it turns out, I'm still going to pass on that job. Isn't she a doll? Sheesh.
I have been spending most of my time at my "home" away from home. I took this picture of a sign on a dugout because I thought it was cool and it made me think I could do something really photography-pinteresty with it. So far, it remains on my hard drive.
I've been taking lots of self portraits with my kids because I love them and we like to play photographer with Instagram edits. They have stopped complaining and just smile when I turn my phone around. I have issues. I know...but, I also have some great pics of the boys.
See how they respond? They love me...I think.
Back to why I haven't been blogging...I've been attending many...many...many baseball games. Here's a little baseball photography with my "smart" camera. I'm telling you...all I do is push the button. It takes the pictures and I'm so thankful.
Sahwing Battah!
When this picture was taken, I hadn't quite figured out the zoom. I hope you enjoy looking at the upper half of my child in the on deck circle.
I attended our very last Kindergarten Graduation. I only cried once...(inside the gym).
I attended more baseball. I also failed to get the dirt out of these pants. I quit trying. I tried it all. And then I quit caring. I started a new club called the I can't get my son's baseball pants clean...who's with me? I have a few members and we are gaining momentum.
More self pics. With my kids. I know...I have issues, but I love their smiles. I can't help myself.
I've been spending some time in my new classroom and even more time on Pinterest coming up with new ideas for my school year.
I attempted and failed in teaching Little how to ride his bike.
I cried behind the lens of my "smart" camera watching him face his fears and get back on the bike with Dad as his teacher.
I tricked Big into looking at me so I could get a picture of his precious freckled face. I love him so much.
I then was very sneaky and got a picture of Middle when he wasn't looking. I love him so much too.
Next, I became this guys BIGGEST cheerleader as he rode his bike all by himself. It was a great moment and I'm so glad we got it all on film. They aren't glad...but, I am.
I decided that I would also become a gardener and take pictures of my new flowers because that is what ex-pet photographer/sports photographers and ex-bike riding teachers do. They take pictures of flowers and then smile when they aren't blurry. :)
I took more pics of my kids in all of my spare time.
I painted my kitchen and broke a bowl in the process. This very same day, I smashed another bowl in the driveway with the truck tire. Corr-ell is pretty indestructible...unless of course you run over it with a truck.
I tried to teach this guy how to swim. And he learned. With the help of a friend and patience of his Father. Thank goodness I'm a good cheerleader.
I loaded these boys in my van...took them to an ATM to get $20.00...and dropped them off at the ice-y stand. They begged me not to drive away. I thought about staying for a second...and then I peeled out. In my mini-van. I bribed them out of my basement with money. Because I'm a good parent. And that's what good parents do.
As you can see...I've been very busy. Life has been overwhelmingly good and crazy busy. As some of you saw earlier, Little has decided to move out and get a department of his own in a few years. Big is well on his way to moving out sooner than later if he keeps spending his summer days throwing my exercise ball around with friends. And Middle has quite the tan going on from all of his trips to the pool.
I've missed blogging, but am very busy being a dumb photographer with a smart camera, almost new teacher, mom, cheerleader, baseball fan, and dog trainer. If anyone needs lessons on pet photography...or people photography, I know a good "photog". It isn't me. It's my sister.
Have a blessed day!
Referee of 3
3 comments:
You are doing a great job Amy!!! The best pictures are the ones that dont pose, just a natural shot, Bailey knows that:) Thanks for sharing the Days of Your Life!!! Lv u!!
Aunt Lori gave you the words of encouragement!!! :)
Lol, love it!
Cristin
Post a Comment