Sunday, June 23, 2013

It's Okay

I decided it was time for another It's Okay list.  I'm doing this to justify the things I've done over the past 72 hours.  :)  Here you go...

Amy Nelson's Top 10 It's Okay List for the past 72 Hours

1.  It's okay to wear navy shorts with a grey and green Mulvane baseball shirt to small group because you don't have anything else that is clean/comfortable.

2.  It's okay to buy potato salad from the local grocery store and put it in a presentable dish to take to your small group BBQ.

3.  It's okay to take a picture with your son after he lost his tournament even though he is extremely unhappy because if you don't, you won't remember to do it and you'll never forgive yourself for forgetting the annual pic that no one but you enjoys.

4.  It's okay to buy a  rolling cooler at Kmart even though you have three perfectly good rolling coolers at home.  When you have carried the football (yes...I carried the football cooler to the baseball game because it was the only one I could carry) cooler up a hill and through the woods twice, you decid it is worth the $20.00 and losing the space in the garage.

5.  It's okay to eat two...(yes two) boxes of Good and Plenty's at a ballgame because you are stressed and calories don't actually count when you are burning them pacing behind the bleachers.

6.  It's okay to come home and clean your bathroom and bedroom because you can't lay down and take a nap until you remove all of the clothing from your bed and you can't shower until you clean the filth from the previous night of after ballgame showers.

7.  It's okay to take your hair out of a ponytail holder, wash it, and put it back in  said ponytail holder because the wind is blowing 9,000 mph.  (I might be over exaggerating, but you get it).

8.  It's okay to eat both ice cream AND a piece of Boston Cream Cake in the same day.  Because the ice cream was a must and Granny bought me the cake.  So..really, I had to.  Right?

9.  It's okay to re-wash a giant load of clothes because you forgot to move them over before the game earlier today.

And finally...

10.  It's okay to be excited that your small group is cooking dinner for you tonight because you couldn't find your kitchen counter if your life depended on it.  :)

And to add to the enjoyment of this list...a lesson I learned...again.

You never know how bad your comments to the umpire/other team/anyone in earshot sound until your child repeats them.  I've been a little heated over some crazy calls... but when my child acts the way I'm acting and I have to tell him to stop...I suddenly remember that my example is very important.  Oh...and it's okay to try to cure anything with blueberry french toast.  :)

Life lessons...by Amy Nelson.

Have a Blessed Day!
Referee of 3

No comments: