Monday, December 17, 2012

If you ever get the chance...

If you ever get the chance to sit down and read a book with your child...you should.  

If you ever get the chance to watch your children while they are sleeping...you should.

If you ever get the chance to hug your child after a basketball game and to tell them you are proud of them no matter the outcome of the game...you should.

If you ever get the chance to watch your child in a school music program, spelling bee, or activity...you should.

If you ever get the chance to tell your kids you love them before they walk out the door...you should.

If you ever get the chance to thank your parents for all they've done for you in this life...you should.

If you ever get the chance to spend time with your friends for laughter and tears...you should.

If you ever get the chance to thank your children's teachers, coaches, and mentors...you should.

If you ever get the chance to watch a sunrise or sunset...you should.

If you ever get the chance to sit by the beach and soak in the beauty of the ocean...you should.

If you ever get the chance to make cookies with your Granny...you should.

If you ever get the chance to do something to help another person...you should.

If you ever get the chance to be a part of something special in your community that helps others...you should.

If you ever get the chance to smile at a stranger...you should.

If you ever get the chance to forgive someone that has hurt you...you should.

If you ever get the chance to tell someone about God...you should.

If you ever get the chance to hold a newborn baby...you should.

If you ever get the chance to slow down...you should.

In this life of unpredictable happenings, we have to take the chances we are given.  This weekend was full of times when I couldn't keep the tears from falling.  I cannot wrap my mind around the events that took place in Connecticut on Friday morning.  I don't think anyone can.  I can't understand it nor can I find an explanation for it.  All I can do is make changes within my own life for the better.  I can do this by finding a way to let go of the worry and fully trust God, loving my family, and taking every opportunity to show them how much I love them.  I can do all that I can to inspire them to be loving, forgiving, understanding, compassionate, good people.

If you ever get the chance...

Be a good person.

Make a difference.

Have a blessed day!
Referee of 3







No comments: