Friday, April 1, 2011

You could have fooled me

I thought it only appropriate to wish you all a Happy April Fool's day by NOT pulling a prank on you.  I am that one...that one person that always forgets.  I get pinched on St. Patrick's day and fooled beyond belief on April Fool's Day.  I am the fool.  Always. 

But I am learning to be fooled less in this life.  Let me share with you exactly how I am doing this.  By walking daily with the Lord.  I have been working towards the goal of being fully and completely His for quite some time now.  I made the decision long ago to have Jesus in my heart.  To believe in Him and to worship Him as my Lord and Savior.  But walking the walk is much harder than above said decision.  We are tempted daily to fall short.  And many days, I do.  Sadly, more than I would like to admit.  But there comes a time in life where it is time to put up or shut up.  Usually those moments come at a time when you have absolutely NO control over a situation.  And the only choice for peace...is to trust Him. 

I am so there.

And in those moments of having no control over a situation...you have a choice.  To surround yourself with people who also believe in His plan for your life, or those who do not.  Those kind of people...the kind who don't have Jesus in their lives...will question you.  Or make you question yourself.  They will make you doubt.  They will make you feel bad or guilty.  But the ones that share your love for Christ...will know.  They will be there to lift you up...to encourage you...and to give you hugs at just the right time.  It is amazing to me how one hug from someone special can give you enough strength to stand up tall again. 

So walking the walk...that is what we strive for every single day.  And thankfully...I am walking beside some pretty strong believers.  I have support...encouragement...and the strength to know that my faith is what is holding me up.  And that no matter what happens...it is His plan...not my own. 

On this subject...I am no fool.  :D

Have a great day all!
Referee of 3

Oh MAN!!!  I almost forgot!  Baseball season is upon us!  Big has his first game tonight.  I am breaking out my blingy Baseball Mom Tee and my super cute new hat.  Good Luck Jags!  And most importantly...(sorry Coach)...HAVE FUN!  I love you Big!



No comments: