Saturday, April 23, 2011

Am I Guilty

We went to our Good Friday service last night at MUMC.  That is always such a moving service for me.  The darkness is sobering.  The silence is deafening.  The light on the cross is such a reminder of what happened that day. 

As I sat there, each person that spoke, was reading on behalf of a character that was there that day.  And then they related what they said to modern day times...and ended it with the question of...Am I Guilty?

So I thought it might be a good idea to go off of what I learned last night...

Am I guilty...of loving my neighbor as myself?

Am I guilty...of keeping the sabbath Holy?

Am I guilty...of serving the church only to serve myself?

Am I guilty...of washing my hands of something I know I should have dealt with?

Am I guilty...of standing up for something I believe in...even if I stand alone?

Am I guilty...of not trusting God?

Am I guilty...of only giving him some of my load?

Am I guilty...of wondering if He will keep his promise?  Do I believe Him?

As we wait...for the sunrise...think of the things that we might be guilty of.  The things that stand directly in our path to God.  The things that keep us from going all the way to the cross...and giving our lives to Him completely. 

I cannot wait for tomorrow.  The promise of a new day. 

Little was talking to us about how Jesus was hung on the cross and he wondered if He would move the stone again this year.

Yes Little...He will. 

That is the beauty of Easter.  Every single year...we get to relive that moment. 

He arose!
He arose!
Hallelujah...


Christ Arose.

Have a blessed day!
Referee of 3

No comments: