There comes a time in life...when we are to answer a call.
When the voice speaks so loudly that we cannot ignore it.
There comes a time in life when we are to move forward instead of standing still.
When a door opens that leads us out of our comfort zone.
There comes a time in life when we are to trust Him.
Completely...fully...wholly.
I was talking with a friend the other day about my new adventure of having a job outside of the home. We were discussing how fun it will be and how exciting the change will be for our family. I am excited. I am nervous. I am looking forward to the change, but can feel myself wanting to pull back.
Why?
Well...because this is what I know.
My house. My living room. My coffee mug. My comfy clothes. The satisfaction that comes from the little faces when I give them their lunch...their drinks...a sticker for helping. The joy that comes from them when I hold their hand or give them a hug to comfort a hurt elbow. Things I will continue to do for my children...and even some in my new adventure. But life is changing.
All of a sudden...the door is open. The door I have been staring at for so long...wondering what it would be like to be on the other side of it. It is open. And I want to walk through it so bad I can hardly stand it. Yet here I sit...with tears in my eyes. Because it is different.
Change is so very hard.
I can remember being pregnant with Big. I was to be induced that morning. It was 4:00am. I was sitting with my very swollen feet stretched out under my coffee table. On the floor...in tears. Not because I was in pain. Because I had done everything in my power to get that baby to come out on it's own. And he was quite comfy. He had no intention of coming out without the assistance of the Dr. So here we were...hours from the moment when I would meet my son. The one I had been longing to see...and I was scared to death. Time was racing. I wanted it to stop. I wasn't ready to have this baby. I know...I know...I had walked until I could no longer feel my toes trying to get him out...but when the reality of the change set in...I wanted to sit on my living room floor and NOT have that baby.
But...6:00am came and went. And at 3:13pm...my life changed forever. I never looked back. After they put that child in my arms...I never looked back.
Change is so hard.
But so very worth it.
I can remember practically kicking and screaming as my parents drove me to Emporia State University to go to school. I had a boyfriend here at home, my sister had just gotten married, and I had no interest in leaving Mulvane. My parents thought differently. As we got to Emporia, I can remember the fear suffocating me. As we unpacked my stuff and they decided it was time to go...the tears started. I watched them drive away. And there I was...alone. It took me a few days to get the courage to meet people...and it took me an entire year to learn to stand on my own two feet. It took me just over a year to shake my bad habits and to move forward from poor choices. That change was so hard.
But so very worth it.
There are specific steps in this path of mine that I have taken on purpose. And there are many that I have stumbled into. But each step has led me to the place where I am now. At my age...married, with three kids...I was hoping to have this all figured out.
And here I am again. Facing changes that overwhelm me with emotion. And there is the door. The EXIT from my comfort zone...staring me in the face.
Change is so hard.
God...I trust you...to show me that this too...will be
So
Very
Worth
It.
Have a blessed day all!
Referee of 3
PS~Thinking of writing a book. What do you think?
No comments:
Post a Comment