Thursday, April 14, 2011

It's Ok...Part II

I decided to do a part II to the It's Ok post I did back in December.  And honestly, I think we should probably do this more than twice a year.

Living and learning go hand in hand in this household.  I learn new things every single day.  Things I didn't know...and things I thought I knew.

And so comes the list of It's Ok.

It's Ok to have days when you get nothing done.

It's Ok to make a decision about something and stick with it.

However...

It's also Ok to change your mind.

It's Ok to make new friends, but keep the old...

It's also Ok to let go of the old sometimes.

I am learning that through this life...my friends are the ones who I spend the most time with.  The ones that I have something in common with.  The ones who appreciate me for EXACTLY what I am.  No more...no less.  And I owe the same to them.  If I cannot accept them for who they are...I have to let go. 

It's Ok to love sports not because you can play them, but because it is what the ones you love...Love.

It's Ok to decide what is best for your family without the pressures of what everyone else thinks.

It's Ok to have a different opinion.

It's Ok to have moments with God no matter where you are...where you live...and where you go to church.  Just have them. 

It's Ok to wear blingy shirts and carry adorable bags to baseball games to make up for the fact that you know very little about what is actually going on during the game. 

It's Ok to cheer for your child at a game...but also to remember it is the name on the front of the jersey that matters for a team...not the name on the back. 

It's Ok to lose...and it is Ok to win.  Because winning isn't everything...wanting to is.  (not my quote btw)

It's Ok to have sharpie lines through the first two versions of the baseball schedule in your planner.  Apparently those are just "practice" schedules.  The one that matters comes after you have destroyed your entire planner.  And...it's Ok.

It's Ok to change.  Change jobs...change friends...change opinions of things you thought you knew how you felt about.   Sometimes you have no idea how you'll truly feel...until it happens to you.  And it's Ok to admit you were wrong about how you felt.

It's Ok to leave your phone at home or to turn it off...when you go to the store.  Because that few minutes of undivided attention to your grocery list and your inner most thoughts can be so wonderful!  (I tend to forget that we had no way of communicating with my Mom when she left to go somewhere.  My kids are blowing up my phone as soon as I pull out of the driveway)  And even in an emergency...we survived. 

It's Ok to write things on the palm of your hand so you won't forget.  (because your planner is full of black sharpie lines)  Not very grown up,  I realize... but it is Ok.

And finally...it's Ok to blog in the middle of the week, in the middle of the afternoon.  :D

Have a great day friends!
Referee of 3