Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Spot On

I was scrolling down through my blog roll just a bit ago and was drawn to the title on Lysa TerKeurst's blog this morning.

A cure for jealousy.

Jealousy is something I struggle with now more than I remember as a child.  I think because our struggles as an adult are exactly that.  Our struggles.  We have to face them...deal with them...and fix them.  Whether they be relationship issues, financial struggles, or how to raise our kids.  They are all ours.  And when we glance at others, we may not see their struggles behind their successes.  The truth of the matter is that everyone struggles.  That is something I fail to remember as I am wishing I had their car...their body...or their income.  The struggle that also comes with the success. 

As I read through Lysa's post this morning, I was reminded of this very thing. 

Whenever I get an overly idyllic view of someone else’s circumstances, I often remind myself out loud, “I am not equipped to handle what they have—both good and bad.”  (Lysa TerKeurst)

God gives us what we are equipped to handle.  No more...no less.  Sometimes as humans, we get confused on what we think we deserve and what He thinks we can handle. 

Please click here to read the rest of Lysa's post for today.  I hope it helps you as much as it helped me today. 

Have a blessed day all!
Referee of 3

No comments: