Thursday, January 28, 2010

Revive Me

Revive Me according to your loving kindness, Revive me that I may speak your words, Revive Me according to your loving kindness, Revive me...Oh Lord.

I feel like this blog is such a blessing in my life. I have no idea what made me decide to do this,(I am pretty sure God was involved) but from the moment I designed and wrote the first entry to now, I feel like I have grown. One week. I have changed as a person in one week. Not only because of the things I have written, but because of the events that have happened here in our lives.

The song that I added to my play list today is called Revive Me, by Jeremy Camp. I am going tonight to see him in concert with my Mom, Sis, Niece, Nephew and my son Tanner. T is my middle son and we are so much alike it is scary. I love this kid because he is afraid of nothing. He is open to anything and his smile is contagious. Can't wait to spend the evening with him. My oldest son will be playing a basketball game and Coach will be, well...coaching. The little man will be spending the evening with Grandpa Mike and I hope to be spending it being close to God. I love this song. It is slow and meaningful. I love that it is an invitation to God to come in and change us. Revive in my bible means to bring or come back to life. When I think about how the devotions in the last week have revived me...I am so thankful. When I think about the comments or the little emails to let me know how much you appreciate the effort...I am so Amazed. I don't even know what to think. But I am excited at the possibility of where this is going for my heart and for yours. Our own personal revival...Love it. We are responsible for the change within us. It is our choice and it is our responsibility to see it all the way through. We can't change anyone but ourselves...but in changing ourselves, we help revive others. If you don't have anything going tonight...other than shopping for groceries before the snowstorm...there are still tickets available to the concert. I cannot wait to see how God works through Jeremy Camp to bring me back to Life.

Today's verse is Psalms 80:18 Then we will not turn away from you: revive us, and we will call on your name.

I plan on taking a few pictures and will post tomorrow! Have a blessed day all!
Amy

No comments: