I've been struggling with a bit of writer's block lately.
I couldn't even tell you why...until today.
So much has been happening lately in this life...and I don't always know how to handle it. Losing Taylor last week made it hard to make anything else seem significant. When I say "losing Taylor", I am in no way trying to make this about me. The loss of Taylor brought so many emotions forth that I can't even express. In being a part of the Kyrie Foundation over the past five years, pediatric brain cancer is something we are faced with all of the time. We hear stories...we see pictures...we see miracles and we see loss. And in those moments...it is hard to make anything else matter.
Those who love someone else more than themselves can understand. Anyone who has lost a loved one can understand. It is hard to make a joke...write a post...or blog about anything because in light of the recent events...it seems bland.
However...as I sat this morning with my coffee...I realized something else. Being a believer in Christ, I have the great opportunity to see the beauty in life after a storm. Just because we love God, doesn't mean we don't have doubts. Our faith is shaken too. And with the loss of another child to cancer...my faith was shaken. I felt vulnerable...and scared...and angry with understanding how little we control this life. And then...when the clouds clear...I found peace knowing the same thing.
I heard a song the other day that said...You are God and you are strong when I am weak.
He is God. He makes all the decisions. He has this master plan that we can't even begin to understand. And there are moments of complete panic and chaos. And then...there are moments of miracles. Awesome, wonderful things that happen because God loves us and knows the desires of our hearts.
In light of the political debate happening post election...in light of the football team who we are cheering to a victory tonight...in light of the life of an amazing young woman who fought her battle while truly living life...life continues.
Even when things seem insignificant in comparison...it is still part of life. We have to keep moving. We have to keep loving. We have to keep believing that there will be light after a storm.
We have a big night tonight. Wildcat football at it's finest. Tomorrow is Coach's birthday and he wants nothing more than a win. (Thank goodness he hasn't asked for a cake.)
Happy Birthday tomorrow Coach! We love you so much and can't thank you enough for all you do for this family. You are an amazing husband and Dad. And no matter what happens tonight...we are proud of you and the Wildcats!
I believe!
Have a blessed day!
Referee of 3
No comments:
Post a Comment