It's called football.
There are many definitions of football (the game)...
1. A game played by two teams of 11 players each on a rectangular, 100-yard-long field with goal lines and goal posts at either end, the object being to gain possession of the ball and advance it in running or passing plays across the opponent's goal line or kick it through the air between the opponent's goal posts.
2. This thing that has taken over the lives of my football family for the past 4 months
You may have a hard time figuring out which definition is mine...
In all seriousness, this team has been working on this very goal since they started team camp in June. The team has been working and conditioning for this moment. Every year Coach says he wants a win for his birthday. This year, he finally got his wish.
I can't explain to you what is happening in the minds of these players and coaches right now as I have never been in their position. What I can tell you is what is happening in the mind of a fan/coaches wife. My heart is in my throat. My stomach is in knots. I am so excited I can hardly stand it...but my nerves are getting the best of me.
This team is a unified group if I have ever seen one. Players AND coaches all working toward the same goal. Another win. Another win means we move forward. Moving forward means achieving a goal that these guys have been wanting for a long time. Achieving that goal means a happy husband...which is actually what I want for my birthday!
I can't wait to watch these boys do their thing tonight. Whatever happens, all involved should be proud. I can't wait to see the bleachers filled with fans...it really is an amazing atmosphere. We are a small town, but we have a big dream. I say we because those of us who have been attending the games...we want it too. I want it for my husband...I want it for our football family...I want it for the boys who have worked so very hard all season long.
By this time each year, I've taken down my football decor and replaced it with turkeys and signs of Thanksgiving.
This year...the football stuff remains in place because I am thankful for MULVANE FOOTBALL. I am thankful for the joy and the friendships it has brought into my life...even though I am not sure I understand all aspects of the game.
Let's go boys! Let's go coaches! Let's go tums (to calm my stomach)!
I believe!
Referee of 3











No comments:
Post a Comment