Wednesday, September 26, 2012

It's Our Anniversary

All this....
because two people fell in love...
rushed into getting married, got a dog, had a baby within a year, changed jobs, had another baby, started coaching, went back to teaching, opened a daycare, HAD ANOTHER BABY, lost our sweet Haley dog, got our new Baily dog, quit daycare, got a job, went back to school...and HERE WE ARE. Steve Nelson, I love you...I love our life...and I wouldn't change a thing. Well...maybe the refrigerator and carpet. But other than that...not a thing. I love you. Happy 14th Anniversary Babe! Thanks for loving me and all my crazy ways! ♥

This is the post I put on facebook this morning.  I thought I would elaborate a little on my blog.  

We've been married for fourteen years.  In that time, we've had our ups and our downs.  We've had some really good fights.  We've had some really good moments too.  I can't tell you how much I love this man.  I just do.  He still gives me butterflies in my stomach when I see him.  (If you need to gag or stop reading...I understand).  He is kind, considerate, patient, understanding, and loving.  He can also be cranky and irrational.  (But that's only when we argue and I'm right...okay fine.  When he's right.)  I can say that because I too am cranky, irrational, and flat out ugly sometimes.  But he loves me anyway.  When we took our vows, we said we'd love each other no matter what.  (paraphrase)  We said we'd love each other and be thankful that God made us for one another.  And even though we got off to a rocky start (meaning we were young and had a brand new baby)...we learned to love each other the way God intends.  Unconditionally.  Meaning that we love one another no matter what.  No matter what happens...we know that the love we have won't go away.  It also means nurturing that love with encouragement, kindness, and compassion.  We are complete opposites.  If you know us...it is obvious.  

I like to be in the spotlight.  He hates it.
I like musicals, shows, sappy movies...he likes sports.  
I like romantic comedies, he likes mystery type movies...or westerns.
I like black Friday.  Let me rephrase that.  I LOVE black Friday.  He'd rather have his toenails pulled out than shop with all the crazies in Wichita the day after Thanksgiving.  (I hope you all know I mean crazies in the most loving way as I am one of the craziest)

My point is that we are not one in the same.  But our hearts are.  I love him and he loves me.  Together we love our children.  Even when they roll their eyes or their heads fall back and their mouth opens to the biggest, widest, cry you've ever seen.  Together, we made it through two colicky babies.  We made it through one emergency room trip and SEVERAL stitches.  We made it through many goose eggs, heartaches, and disappointments.  And dare I say, this is just the beginning.  

And so...Coach...I love you with all of my heart and soul.  I love you for who you are and what you've been to me and to our boys.  Now....let's talk about that new carpet... :)




















Have a blessed day!
Referee of 3 

No comments: