Sunday, November 20, 2011

Show up

There are those times in your life where you feel like God has forgotten you.

You just pray that he'll show up in time to wipe out all the pain and suffering in your life.

There are times when you feel like he isn't coming.  That he isn't listening.  That he doesn't care.

We talk and talk about how great our God is.  We talk and talk about how he won't forsake us and how he loves us so much.  We talk about how he has a plan for our lives...a plan with HOPE.

Where is the Hope?

Where does our help come from?  In times of struggle?

Question after question roll through my mind as I sit here tonight.

I want answers.  Is that wrong?  I just want answers.

As I quietly sit...with tears in my eyes and a heaviness in my heart...an unmistakable answer...

this song just keeps playing in my head. 

Praise You in this Storm, by Casting Crowns

It's like I can actually hear Him saying to me...I can't give you the answers you are looking for...but I am right here.  Crying with you.  Catching your tears and I am putting hope in the hearts of those who need it the most right this very moment. 

So, I will go with that for now.  The peace that passes understanding...because I very much do not understand.  But I trust and I love...so I loosen my grip on understanding and Let GOD. 

I was sure by now
God You would have reached down
And wiped our tears away
Stepped in and saved the day
But once again, I say "Amen", and it's still raining

As the thunder rolls
I barely hear Your whisper through the rain
"I'm with you"
And as Your mercy falls
I raise my hands and praise the God who gives
And takes away

And I'll praise You in this storm
And I will lift my hands
For You are who You are
No matter where I am
And every tear I've cried
You hold in Your hand
You never left my side
And though my heart is torn
I will praise You in this storm

I remember when
I stumbled in the wind
You heard my cry to you
And you raised me up again
My strength is almost gone
How can I carry on
If I can't find You

But as the thunder rolls
I barely hear You whisper through the rain
"I'm with you"
And as Your mercy falls
I raise my hands and praise the God who gives
And takes away

I lift my eyes unto the hills
Where does my help come from?
My help comes from the Lord
The Maker of Heaven and Earth

1 comment:

mamachele said...

well said my sister! We won't ever understand, but we have Him to help us through it!