Thursday, June 23, 2011

Answer back

Encouragement.  It is an amazing thing that comes at just the right time.  He plans it.  He puts the words on people's hearts.  And when it touches someone the way it is meant to do...it changes things.

I wrote a post last week about Big dropping his phone in the pool.  And at the end of it, I found the quote that drove the point home. 

As God would have it...I've had my own experiences lately with encouragement.  And to be honest with you...I didn't even know I was looking for it. 

I am not a fan of rainy, cloudy days.  ESPECIALLY during the summer.  They make me feel sad.  And they make me stay home and do chores.  Which I am also not a fan of.  But they are good for the earth.  Rain comes down and gives nourishment to the things that need it the most.  What I do love about a good rainstorm is the time it gives me to think as I watch the clouds.  It allows me to slow down.  To take the time to really consider all that is happening around me.  What I like.  What I dislike.  What I need to change.

And when the rain is done, the sun comes out.  It peaks through the clouds letting us know that it is coming.  And then, it comes in full force.  Warming and drying everything it touches.  It gives light to the darkness.  It allows us to get back to our lives without any hesitation at all.  The sun comes at a time when we didn't think it would be possible.  Gleaming through the storm clouds that are breaking apart. 

WHAT is she talking about...you ask?  Hang on...I have a point.

When we go through rainy days in our lives, we tend to struggle.  We may feel sad.  We most likely feel frustrated.  We are faced with situations maybe we've been avoiding.  And we have to look at them head on and deal with the truth. 

But just when we don't think we can take another step...the Son comes shining through.  He comes in ways that we least expect it.  He comes in full force.  Warming us and healing all that He touches.  He gives us light in a dark time of our lives. 

Yesterday...sitting at the pool...I felt the Son. (Of course I felt the "sun" too).  And for anyone who is wondering, I was wearing my board shorts.  No need to take them off at this point...lol. 

In a time of discouragement for me personally, I was given the opportunity to see the light.  His light.  Through someone else.  It was so nice to see it...and to realize that the storm in my life is usually short lived.  My sister told me last night to remember and focus on my blessings.  And she is right.  We have so much to be thankful for. 

And I am so easily distracted by the storm. 

So, I am raising my coffee cup this morning to the Son.  (and to the sun as we have an appointment with the pool today)  My goal is to not get sucked in by the rain showers and to always remember that the Son is not far behind the storm. 

Have a blessed day!
Referee of 3

No comments: